Best Tactics for Mobile Application Marketing Success
Article By James Tredwell (Technical SEO at Hopinfirst)
Mobile Marketing is basically a very Broad Term. It not only refers to ads and apps but also covers up mobile websites. It mainly focuses on app promotion when an app has been building. Their main motto is to retain customers and engage them who have already Downloaded the App. Customers have different uses, Needs, and Desires. Keeping this in mind one should do Mobile Application Marketing. It depends on what devices they are using, and a different set of parameters are considered then.
Mobile App Marketing refers to a process wherein it Promotes the Mobiles and Networks, Devices and Smartphones. It is like Electronic Advertising only but uses Texts, Voice Messages and Graphics to do so.
Mobile App Marketing is Categorized in Two Ways:
App User Acquisition is a type of a function wherein the developers find their audience. There are so many apps in the technology world. With, almost 2 million apps in the Apple App Store and 3 million in the Google Play Store. Thus, a right kind of app marketing is very important.
Building an App can be a little tricky because the developer has to engage audiences. Most app user campaigns focus more on digital space. Since advertising in subways, billboards, posters are very common.
App Store Optimization is a function little similar to search engine optimization wherein it makes your app; more visible. By choosing the right category, the optimization can be acquired.
Engage Users is a function wherein the users are trapped within the advertising portal. There are many options to do so like push notification. It is the pop-ups and banners that comes on the user’s screen and draws their attention to it. It draws the attention up to 88% of the time. The other thing could be in-app messages. It appears when a user is active. It informs them about products updating, confirming an order, suggestions, rating, and reviews.
Strategies To Up The Game For Mobile Applications:
There are many Strategies to Boost the Marketing for Mobile Apps.
- Whenever the developer builds an app, they wish for a surreal response. Hence, a few steps have to be taken to boost the public engagement. So, the App discovery doesn’t take place in app stores only. There are various ways available. For local app or small app users search it on Google. Hence SEO has to be a strong point. It can be done at the time of building an app only so that the functions can be effective and efficient.
- Make it available in every nook. Users have confirmed that pop-ups and engaging app messages have helped them a lot for finding an app. They go to the store and check ratings and use them. It should be available in the search options as well.
- Engagement and re-engagement of the app. People tend to lose interest in the app and uninstall it after the use. At the time of building an app, only the developer must prove the utility and value of the app. All the uses must be simplified and well informed to the users.
- Re-engagement of the users. Incentives can draw back the users to the app. At the time of building the app users get referral codes, coupons which make them happy and engaging.
- While building the app and starting of it, the developers must notice the KPI (Key performance indicator). The goals should always be specific, attainable and measurable. So, that a track of it can be kept.
- Allocate the resources for marketing. Sometimes people choose to allocate a little portion of mobile application marketing. That is the most useful choice to make. Therefore, plan a budget and allocate efficiently. We should be spending more on the marketing of mobiles.
- Avoid getting distracted. So, the company generally gets confused to work and team up differently. Larger the organization more will be the department. Hence, when the app was built an effective and focused team should be introduced who meets up and does their work efficiently.
- The critical role to it is that to advertise about the App we should market the experience we are offering rather than the app itself. People will purchase the app when they are well informed, and they know what the app has to offer for them.