Social Media Continues To Be Rising
Article by Jagdeep Rawat (Professional Blogger at Digital Web Trendz)
Today, Social Media can be seen in our Everyday Lives. It is Continuing to be Rising Day by Day. Social Media is defined as a form of Electronic Communication through which Users Create Online Communities to Share, Personal Messages, Information, Ideas and other Content. Social Media is the Buzz today that is helping Businesses to expand Meticulously, Teenagers Connecting, Adults are Sharing their Heart’s Content with their Longtime Friends and Colleagues. Social Networking sites have entered us into a new World of the Technological Era where we are allowed to let friends and family into our lives with a click of a button. Creation of new ideas is popping up throughout the internet.
The Social Media World is one that can continue to grow for years to come with one goal. With the help of Social media not only people are updated on the news everywhere, but it is also a way of keeping people connected and contribute to various forums or debates. In the past, it was sufficient to have a website to get information out merely, These days there are actually social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and many others which make it easy for individuals to communicate and connect. These sites are referred to as social media and permit their users to interchange ideas, share news, engage in events and share their interests. This social media craze has led to the emergence of Digital marketing Training and therefore many institutes have flooded everywhere providing various Digital Marketing Courses.
Social Media Statistics:
- Total worldwide population is 7.7 billion as of January 2019.
- 2 billion is the number of users on the Internet.
- The active social media users are 3.397 billion
- On average, people have 5.54 social media accounts.
- 116 minutes a day is the average daily time spent on social media.
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels.
- Small and Medium businesses(approx. 81%) use some or the other kind of social platform
- Social media users are growing rapidly, i.e. 320 million between Sep 2017 and Oct 2018.
- A new social media user is added every 10 seconds.
Importance of Social Media:
The importance of social media cannot be ignored since it plays a very crucial role in our lives today. It helps its users to connect, share and provide the information and content as and when required.
- Social media is a helpful platform for government agencies to create awareness through their campaigns and combat crime. It also serves as a helping tool for the NGOs working for a noble cause.
- Brand Building: You can market your product online and build a brand. Products, services and the Quality content is readily available and accessible online today.
- Customer support: Reviews and Feedbacks before buying any product or service helps the customers to make a smarter choice.
- Social media is a great education tool.
- You and your target Audiences are directly connected for interaction via Social media.
- Accessing quality information becomes easy with it.
- Just a Single click makes you travel through the sea of information and knowledge.
The famous Social Networking Sites are:
Other popular media are WhatsApp, Wechat, Skype, Tumblr, Viber, Telegram etc .and the world is flooded with these tools and sites. These Social Media sites are not the limit, but it is just the beginning of an array of other digital web trends like website designing and then ranking them to the first page of Google search engine called as SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Disadvantages of Social Media:
Everything has two phases-Good and Bad. Social media is considered among the most harmful elements, and wrong use can result in a negative conclusion. There are lots of drawbacks of social media like:
Youth is getting addicted as they have developed a habit of its prolonged use. It leads to their focus diversion and their studies are hampered. People get so much absorbed into it that they are not left with their live connections. Social and family life is lost while everyone is busy on their mobiles.
The excess usage of social media can impact both mental and physical wellness in a big way like itchy eyes, loss of vision laziness, obesity etc.
Children are the highest and easiest victim of this evil as they get trapped through various strategies.
Security is breached, and the personal data is lost through multiple crimes like identity theft and bank details theft which poses a threat to any individual.
Users are vulnerable to various scammers, and they fetch the profits through making scam.
The most caused frauds online are the Honey traps and MMS porn. People are ditched through love schemes, and they are lured into relationships.
In spite of some disadvantages technology always proves to be beneficial if taken in the right spirits. We’ve countless users all over the world who uses social media on daily basis. Final Thought is that Social media is on the boom and further it is rising continuously and it will not only save you time but will help you get further down the path to your goals.