How to Turn Quora into a Traffic-Driving Machine for Website?
Article By Ashish Sharma(Chief Marketing Officer At WeDigTech)
If you are a writer on Quora, you may have had this question as you may not be getting the expected views on your answers. Well, with few small tips you can improve the view count of your answers and your Profile.
Firstly, let’s understand exactly what Quora is. Obviously, it is a platform where people ask questions and people answers, but it can also be used to build a network of like-minded people who are in the same industry and it is a great source of information in one platform which you will not find anywhere else.
People also use Quora to market themselves or their business or their blogs. But most of the readers on Quora will only read your profile to check whether you are qualified enough to answer that particular questions and what other topics you have written on so far.
Though Quora algorithm is like a mystery, no one ever able to solve, there are few tips you can follow to get more views.
The first thing you need to improve is your Profile on Quora. Complete your profile and try not to leave anything blank. Fill out your profile with your Interests, Pictures, Qualification, Experience etc. and Experiment to See what Works Best.
Share your answers on your social media profiles to increase the traffic on your Quora Feed. It is one of the simplest things you can do increase the view count.
Picking the Right Questions:
The most important part of getting more views is to choose the right questions to answer. The maximum exposure you will get will be on the questions where your answer is the first one. If it’s good and relevant, you will be able to reap the majority of benefits for the traffic on that question.
Also, answering on the most common topics will let you reach more audience. Questions about TV, Fashion, Entertainment, Health and Fitness, Motivation and Travel tend to get more views than the ones on Marketing, Advertising, or any other industry.
Be selective about the topics you write your views on. Do not remain confined to one topic. Pick the ones in trend and try to beat everyone else whenever you get the opportunity to be the first one to answer.
This is obvious. High-quality, unique and relevant content is what makes you credible in the eyes of the readers. But there is one trick, by which you can stand out from the rest.
You may have read or heard a famous quote from Malcolm X:
“If you have No Critics, you’ll likely have no Success”.
The trick of getting more views on your unique content is to be bold, firm, and scandalous with your answers. This will most probably annoy someone and they will start commenting on your post. It is the haters, who will drive traffic and excitement to your answer. Answer those comments, and provoke them to add more and more. Just remember to not go beyond lengths to justify yourself.
Use of Images:
Insert a minimum of one image in your post. The reason is pretty simple. People tend to get attracted to what they see more than to what they read.
Timing of Post:
Though this is not that important, it is considered by the users on Quora to post on weekends as this is the time people actually spend on relaxing and reading.
Some Extra Tips:
- Start your post with a catchy line, like if you are writing for television you can use “Spoilers Ahead” or something like that.
- Add a relevant image.
- Highlight important and key portions of your post.
- Break down your post with bullets, indentations or number.
- Do not write long paragraphs.
- If there is a reference you used, or if there is any other slightly relevant answer on Quora, you can mention that.
- Try to personalize your answers. People find personal experiences more interesting and it will also build your trustworthiness on the platform.
- Some interesting facts and figures in your answer may also get more readers.
- Keep coming back to your answer to making edits and updates. This will restart the interest in the topic and your answer simultaneously.
- An ideal word length of an answer on Quora is considered to be around 400-500 words.
- Aim for at least one Upvote from a powerful Quora User. This will increase the authenticity of your answer and more people will come to view your answer that the powerful Quora Upvoted.
- Keep the readers engaged. Respond to the comments. Even if they try to contradict your view, be nice and polite. People respect such persons, and you will be able to build a network around yourself.
In the initial days, you may have to write more and more without getting a good number of views. But you have to be patient. As “Rome wasn’t built in a day”, your answers will take time to reach to the masses. All you have to do is keep writing with all your heart. Do not focus on getting views. That should not be your main aim to be on Quora. Write because you want to. Write because you want to share your knowledge. Write because you love writing. And eventually you will get to the point when not just your view count will grow, but you will also see the growth in the number of your followers, who will always be looking to read what you post.