8 Easy Steps to Create a Social Media Marketing Strategy
Article by Rachael
Social media, the platform has emerged as one of the most promising marketing tools. The smart use of this platform has the power to make even an emerging name, a big brand!
You must have heard hundreds of success and failure stories of social media marketing. Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Linkedin and more are no more a place to hang out, but they have turned into a marketplace and marketing managers are turning towards these platforms for promotion of their products, services and brand image.
If you are planning to frame a social media marketing strategy for your service, product or brand, then first learn the basics that could help you in designing a winning social media marketing strategy. Do not get deluded by other’s success, plan your moves strategically and ensure promising success for your endeavor.
Connect with your audience, know your market and uniquely promote your business on interactive social media platforms. The platform can help in creating brand awareness, diverting more referral traffic towards the website, creating loyal customers, higher conversion rate, and connecting with a bigger market.
1. Planning is everything: Social media platform is vast and taking steps without proper planning can spoil your name. A well-planned marketing strategy is specific in its objective, it is measurable, the goals set are achievable, relevant and they are achieved in a time-bound manner. Make a proper plan after market research and audience research.
2. Know your audience: To sell well, you must connect with your market first. There are various ways to connect with the market. You can call them, message them or interact with them using other means. Find out how the customer wants to spend time on social media. Do they find the FB post more engaging or it is Instagram that provides more engaging content? Read the market, focus on the target age group that you wish to connect, read their behavior and plan strategy accordingly.
3. Set Goals: To achieve big you must set attainable goals. When the marketing strategy is aligned to achieve some goals, it becomes easy to deliver result. The marketing campaign can be for creating brand awareness, getting more information about the users or achieving more sales, no matter what the goal is, the marketing strategies are designed to achieve the desired goals.
4. Set your budget: Budget and resource allocation has always been a crucial part of strategy and planning. It does not matter how big or small the campaign is determining the budget and setting a time limit will make the plan more organized. While choosing the activity or platform consider the marketing goal as well. For buying and selling purposes facebook and Instagram can prove more beneficial, whereas for promoting professional courses Linkedin can prove a better choice. Allocate the budget as per marketing needs.
5. Explore the data: You can design a well organized Social media marketing campaign based on available metrics. The platform offers various tools and data about the market and users. Make the best use of available data to target the right audience group and get success.
6. Create magic with content: The real strength of social media is it supports two-way communication. Update relevant, engaging and informative content at a set interval. These posts could help you in connecting with the current and potential market. The more people become active in your post, the more you can learn about their behavior, their expectations, and your brand image. In short, a few well-written posts with the purpose, few pictures with the caption can open the way to connect with the customers that could ultimately make your social media strategy successful.
7. It is not all about you, but it is about your competitors as well: You must have seen how various brands have been supporting or showing their competitive superiority over the others in a witty way. The social media platform is open to all, you can learn about your competitors, you can see their campaigns and you can study their campaigns that have been a success or failure. The more you know the competitors and their strategy the better prepared you can become.
8. Measure your progress: The competition at a social media platform is never-ending. To remain ahead from the rest one must measure the return on investment. It is crucial to focus on the result as it would allow you to track measure and optimize the plan for a better result.
Though, planning a successful social media strategy for your home-based business or small budget business is not difficult. With proper planning and market research, one can derive a successful marketing strategy or just connect with experienced Digital Marketing professionals for assistance. They can work from scratch and could help in achieving targeted marketing goals with ease.